Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Tuesday...

We had another great day on Tuesday! I started the day going to the to Munsinger and Clemens Gardens on the Mississippi River. That is 14 acres of informal gardens and 7 acres of formal gardens, including 1,100+ rose bushes! It was beautiful--I'm so glad I went! I have tons of pictures, but since mine are still on my camera you should check out their website. I enjoyed trying to track down the squirrels and chipmunks but they were very quick!

After that I headed to Barnes and Noble and checked out their vast selection of books! I didn't find anything I couldn't live without though...

When Brandon got back we made our pilgrimage to CABELAS about 45 minutes away. We checked out the hundreds of animal mounts, played their shooting games (Quite fun! You shoot at different targets and things happen--for example if you shoot the guitar music plays, if you shoot the bear it comes at you...I'm thinking about installing such a game in our house!), checked out the aquarium with live fish in it, did some shopping, bought some fudge and elk meat (YUM!!!) and finally trudged back to the car over 2 hours later.

Last we hit up T.G.I. Fridays for some chicken and shrimp dinners and went to bed.

Well, I'm off to find some souvenirs...have a great evening!

1 comment: