Tuesday, September 2, 2008

SQH Angel in Blujeans

I bought Angel when I was a high school senior and she was a two year old. I drug her to Texas with me when I started college and drug her back to WA when I decided to transfer colleges. A pretty little mare with a willing attitude made her a joy to ride. However, after awhile I decided she wasn't quite the horse for me long-term. So I sold her to a good friend, Sarah, and I am so glad I did! Angel has the perfect home and gets to exactly what she loves--chase cans (barrel race)! And boy are the two of them good at what they do!!
Sarah qualified to run in an exhibition race at the Northwest Washington Fair as she was one of the best barrel racers in her division this year. I haven't been able to watch Sarah compete this year so I went to the fair to enjoy some awesome fair food and watch her run. Check out her fantastic run below and keep your eyes peeled for them competing in Vegas someday at the rodeo finals--I'm sure they'll get there sooner rather than later!! Sarah--thanks for being such a great mom to Angel! And if you make it to Vegas, I'll be Angel's groom and personal paparazzi!!


I'm slightly concerned that Angel found the time to take a little nap while turning the corner...I'm thinking Sarah should feed her a little Mountain Dew prior to running.

6 comments:

  1. Look at Angel girl run! She was always a hard one to slow down, glad she's getting to do what she wants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shots! What kind of camera do you use? I am looking at buying a camera and am looking at all the options. I'll probably buy a DSLR, just not sure which brand or model to choose. Do you have a Nikon or Canon, if so, do you like the IS in the lens? Have you heard pros or cons about IS in the body? Anyways, glad you are doing well in your business and having fun with photography.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kendal--she sure loves it!

    Melissa--my current camera body is a Canon 5D. I love it and wouldn't trade it for anything! I'd highly recommend a Canon Rebel--they are awesome cameras for the price and produce excellent photographs that capture a lot of detail!
    I'd buy an IS lens over a non-IS lens--though they are quite a bit pricey! But it depends what you are using it for. If you plan on taking a lot of dimly lit photos were you need a longer shutter speed to capture the image and won't be using a tripod then IS is very handy. For normal, everyday picture taking it isn't a deal breaker for me either way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikon, Nikon, Nikon. I don't know where my daughter went wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Stephanie, I did end up buying the newer Rebel XSi before I read your response :) The kit lens is an IS lens, so that is a good start. I guess if I take it further, I can always upgrade to a better camera. For now, photography is just a hobby :) I love you photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *oops..."your photos" not "you photos" :)

    ReplyDelete