Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Remodel Update



"So, you need to call me back at noon and tell if we're going to tear down the house or not," Brandon said.




"Ummm...I can't make a decision like that in two hours!! Who just tears down their house!?" I exclaimed.




"Well, you make the decision and call me back at noon. I gotta go, love you. Bye." Brandon rushed.




Two hours later...




"Hey honey, I thought about it. I kinda think we should tear down the house...are we crazy?" I stammered.




"Yeah, I think it is the best thing to do."




Two weeks later...




WE ARE GOING TO TEAR DOWN OUR HOUSE!! Too much structural damage under the house, too many repairs to make, too much money to dump into an old (1919) house with no redeeming qualities. She's going down and a new house is going up!!!




We are working on finalizing a house plan, starting the permit process and seeking temporary shelter (any one have a travel trailer for sale?). We might be crazy but to us it makes the most sense. Please say a few prayers for our stress levels as we sort through all of this!
A remodel before and after...here is what my kitchen looked like--sorry for the mess on the counters, I was in a bit of hurry after shopping!



Here is what our kitchen looks like now...by the way, did you know you can BBQ fish sticks? They turn out great! Oh, and that is our wood stove there in the middle.

3 comments:

  1. Holy cow, what a decision. I know how you feel. We've been debating about buying land and building or whether we should just stick to finding a house. Thankfully we think we have found a house. The offer has been accepted and we are just waiting for the appraisal.

    Good luck on the demo. You could come live in E WA for a bit :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!! am i ever impressed and awe struck!
    I want to tear down my house - I have house building envy- can't wait for the pictures!!
    ~at

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kendal--how is the house buying going?? That is VERY exciting!!

    AT--I can't wait to see the pictures too! We've been busy drawing up house plans, now I just want to see them in real life!

    ReplyDelete