Wednesday, November 21, 2007

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

I've got to be honest. Thanksgiving has never been my favorite holiday. It's not because I'm not a thankful person. It's because...well, I'm a picky eater and the food has never been my favorite. If steak and potatoes were the tradition, Thanksgiving just might get bumped to the top of my favorite holidays list. In the mean time, I will stuff myself on mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie (at least there are a few yummy things on the menu!) and be thankful for the fact that I have the opportunity to celebrate the holiday and eat what whatever I want.

There are other things I am thankful for this year--here is a little glimpse at my list of things I am thankful for. By no means is this all inclusive or in any particular order.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I am thankful for:
1. My new horse Rascal--isn't he a colorful boy! What a blessing it is to have a wonderful horse with a great temperament. We will be having lots of fun together for years to come. Thank you for being a gentle giant I can trust.
2. My fabulous husband Brandon (who is not a fan of having his picture taken, so this is just a little snapshot). I could not ask for a more loving, caring, kind, strong, understanding person to share my life with. Brandon is a gift from God and I am thankful for him each and every day.
3. The wonderful men and women who serve this country day and night so that I can enjoy the freedom that I have. How strong and brave are these people who risk everything for our country and citizens. May you be blessed for your service.
4. My darling new niece! How could you not be thankful for this precious little one! I am so thankful for her safe delivery and healthy first eight months. I can't wait to see her grow into the wonderful woman she will become. Baby T, you make my heart melt every time I see you. Thank you for reminding me how lovely baby giggles can be!
5. The amazing canvas around us that we so often take for granted. I'm so thankful that I have the opportunity to soak in God's creation everyday...may I remember to do so.
6. Loving friends and family. Without you life would be so boring and lonely. Thank you for your support, advice, laughs and tears over this last year. You make my memories special--thank you!
7. Miss Daisy May. This sweet little kitty who great me every morning with a meow and some lovin.' How I look forward to those greetings! Thanks for reminding me to enjoy those early morning minutes, when I can't quite open my eyes all the way.
8. Mr. Diesel. How fun it has been to have a puppy in our lives this year! A sweet little bundle of joy from morning to night. Thank you for reminding me what fun it can be to run, dance and play like no one is watching...

And last but certainly not least--thank you to all of you that have let me capture you special moments this year. What a joy it has been to work with all of you! May you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. Rascal is such a cutie, but I have to wonder, is there a method to the order ;)

    ReplyDelete