Monday, February 2, 2009

New House: Framing Part 2

Thought I'd give you all a bit of an update on our new house! These pictures are from 1-2 weeks ago so there has been a lot of work done since then, but you can at least get a feel for the progress being made! Joe, from JM Structures who is building our house, and Bernie who is helping to frame the house have done an awesome job!! Everyday I come home and so much more work has been done. I can't believe how much work can be done in one day! Thanks guys!!

They had the walls of all of the rooms drawn out on the floor like this--I thought it was fun to walk around from room to room imagining the different rooms. The next thing I knew, all of the walls were built!! Now it is even more fun! I believe the below picture depicts my walk-in pantry and the corner my office--two rooms I can't wait to have!!


Check out my master bed room! I can't until my chocolate suede curtains are up on those windows!
The animals are quite convinced we are building them a 2,300 square foot jungle gym!
The living room walls and ceiling are SO high!! Do they make 25' long dusting tools?

My sister thought the house looked like a temple to the heavens at this stage--I'm hoping once the second story gets finished in the next couple weeks things will even out a bit and we'll look a little less temple-esque!


PS--the walls are green because we've used some sort of fancy-pants building material to sheet the house with. I try to stay on top of all of the building terms, but the name of this product has escaped me. No worries, the house isn't actually going to be this color...it is going to be much, much, much darker!!!

1 comment:

  1. Such progress! How exciting and fun to do the imagining. I'm at that stage and we have a house :0) We're thinking $3000 for new kitchen cabinets.

    ReplyDelete